Sunday, April 19, 2009

Day 7

So we are through the first week and had our first casualty. I faltered Friday night and the rest of the weekend went to crap, so Monday morning I will be starting at Day 1 all over again. The first week was definitely not an easy one. Lindsey does not like the shakes and has stopped drinking as many as she is supposed to, but instead she is taking approx. 2-3, 1 scoop shakes a day with a spoon full of peanut butter. Casey and I both have told her this is not the way to do it, but at least she hasn't cheated. I felt pretty good up until Wednesday. Monday, Lindsey cried like a baby and I felt a little weird but I thought it was due to drinking too much water. Tuesday, I cut back the water consumption and everything was great (Lin felt better as well). Wednesday, I went to work and by the time I left around 5pm for class I felt very drained and nauseous. I was sweating and knew that something wasn't right. After a short car ride to school I got out and puked in the parking lot (I never get car sick). I immediately felt better and thought everything was good to go now. But, an hour later I drank a shake and approx. 45 minutes after that I started feeling the same effects. Once out of school I puked again. This went on for the night and I came home and went to bed. The next day I felt fine and checked my Blood Sugar Level and it was at 40! So no telling what it was when I felt horrible. Casey recommended that I take an apple or add peanut butter to the shakes throughout the day to keep my sugar level up. I did this for Thursday and everything was good, but Friday came and I didn't prepare myself well enough for the amount of work I would be doing. I left my shakes in my office and was unable to get to them so I fell to temptation and went to Chipotle with a few co-workers. I felt guilty the whole time and was not looking forward to telling Lindsey what I had done. She was upset and very disappointed to say the least. I fessed up to everyone at our party on Saturday and now am starting over basically.


Ok, so an update on our weight lost so far:

Lindsey - 12.8 lbs
Zach - 2.8 lbs
As you can tell, Lindsey kicked my butt this week and I'm very proud of her for sticking to it. I now have to man up and show her who's boss! Here are Lindsey's pics for Day 7



and starting at Day 1




2 comments:

  1. I can tell the difference on Lindsey!!! Awesome. I'm on a modified version. Not so extreme, so my weight loss is not as extreme. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Lindsey that is amazing!!!! I can for sure tell a difference! You go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete